Acer today held their annual Global Press Conference for 2021, streamed live from Taipei with a line-up of all the latest innovative product, technologies, and new initiatives. “New Perspectives” was the theme of next@acer GPC (Global Press Conference) which reflects how Acer is taking a broader vision towards the world that is changing and embracing new ideas and inspirations.
Efforts towards a sustainable Earth, 5G connectivity, and a new stereoscopic 3D experience – SpatialLabs – are some of the highlights of this event; they not only echo Acer’s evolvement with lifestyle changes, but also the commitment of Acer and its employees as a responsible company building long-term sustainability for its shareholders, consumers and societies.
Acer announced joining of RE100 and a pledge to achieve 100% renewable energy by 2035. In addition, Acer declared its mission to help tackle environmental challenges with its “Earthion” platform that unites the strengths of its employees and supply chain partners to expand the circle of impact of its sustainability efforts. These strengths and efforts are exemplified by the Aspire Vero notebook, Acer’s first sustainability-focused product under the Earthion platform.
ACER SWIFT X
The new Swift X leverages the latest AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series Mobile Processors and an NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3050 Ti Laptop GPU to offer mobile creative professionals powerful performance on the go, plus up to 17 hours of battery life. Aimed at creative professionals, content editors and streamers, the notebook comes equipped with a 14-inch FHD IPS display that covers 100% of the sRGB color gamut. The notebook’s premium all-metal chassis comes in a variety of colors, just 1.39 kg (3.06 lbs) light and 17.9 mm (0.7 in) thin
Listed battery life is based on MobileMark 2014® productivity mode testing with wireless on. Details of MobileMark 2014 testing are available at www.bapco.com. Battery life rating is for comparison purposes only. Actual battery life varies by model, configuration, application, power management settings, operating conditions, and features used. A battery’s maximum capacity decreases with time and use.
All brands and product names mentioned herein include trademarks of their respective companies and are used solely to describe or identify the products. Specifications may vary depending on the model and/or region. All models subject to availability.
ACER New Predator Gaming Notebooks
Predator gaming notebooks now include the new 11th Gen Intel® Core™ H-series processors and NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 30 Series Laptop GPUs for powerful yet ultraportable gaming. The new Predator Triton 500 SE pushes performance-per-pound limits, packing as much power as possible and up to a 240 Hz display into a 19.9 mm thin chassis — plus a clean, understated new design and up to 12 hours of battery life.
The Predator Helios 500 comes with either a FHD 360 Hz display with a 3 ms response time or a 4K 120 Hz Mini LED display that supports full-array local dimming and is comparable to VESA DisplayHDR™ 1,000. Peripherals such as the Predator Connect X5 5G CPE router, Predator Connect D5 5G Dongle and Predator Cestus 335 gaming mouse further enhance the gameplay experience.Three new Predator monitors offer something for everyone, from console enthusiasts to the most hardcore of FPS fanatics, all VESA DisplayHDR™ Certified
The Predator CG437K S is a massive 42.5-inch UHD gaming monitor that supports HDMI 2.1 and can be used for both PC or console gaming. The Predator X38 S is an esports-oriented 37.5-inch monitor with a UWQHD+ 175 Hz (overclocked) display and a 0.3 G-to-G response time, curved to offer a more immersive gameplay experience. Predator X28 is a 28-inch TÜV Rheinland Eyesafe®-certified gaming monitor with a 155 Hz display (overclocked) and Delta E<1 color accuracy
Acer Updates Its Predator Gaming Desktops
Acer has updated its range of gaming desktops to include new 11th Gen Intel® Core™ desktop processors or AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series desktop processors, and NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX™ 30 Series GPUs. The refreshed Predator Orion 3000 provides serious gamers with all the power they need to max out the graphics on their favorite titles or get into streaming.
The new Nitro 50 provides players with a choice of the latest Intel or AMD processors, both powerful enough to not only play games but also edit videos of gameplay.
Highlights of the announcements at next@acer for 2021 are:
- The latest thin-and-light Swift X notebook with a premium all-metal chassis offers mobile creative professionals’ powerful performance on-the-go with the latest AMD Ryzen™ 5000 processors and an NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX™ 3050 Ti GPU.
- The three new VESA DisplayHDR™-Certified Predator monitors target different niches from console enthusiasts to the most hardcore of FPS fanatics, offering up to UHD (3840×2160) resolution, DCI-P3 98% wide color gamut, and Delta E<2 ratings.
- The refreshed Predator Triton 500 SE and Predator Helios 500 gaming notebooks include the new 11th Gen Intel® Core™ H-series processors and NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 30 series laptop GPU, along with a Mini LED display that offers up to 4K 120 Hz.
- The new Aspire Vero is built with post-consumer recycled (PCR) plastic material throughout the chassis and keyboard caps. The eco-friendly packaging takes this a step further: the Aspire Vero ships in a box made from recycled paper pulp, and plastic bagging for adapter protection is reduced by using paper sleeves instead.
- The refreshed gaming desktops, Predator Orion and Nitro, are powered by up to 11th Gen Intel® Core™ desktop processors or AMD Ryzen 5000 series desktop processors, and NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX™ 30 series GPUs
- Four new members of the Acer Chromebook lineup were announced, including the industry’s first 17.3-inch Chromebook and Chromebook Enterprise models.
- The new TravelMate Spin P6 series is powered by the latest 11th Gen Intel® Core™ processors and features 5G connectivity and a 360-degree rotation function that enables hybrid workstyles.
- The updated ConceptD notebooks offer up to 11th Gen Intel® Core™ H-series processors and NVIDIA RTX Professional GPUs and a model with16-inch (16:10 aspect ratio) displays
- SpatialLabs™ is a suite of experiences empowered by cutting-edge optical solutions plus display and sensory technologies that bring the virtual world to a more physical dimension, delivering stereoscopic 3D experiences in a new, intuitive way. Content literally floats in front of the screen, allowing creators to examine their creations in real-time and 360 degrees—without the need for specialized glasses. In addition, Acer announced a developer’s program for SpatialLabs.